Having and using the correct equipment is necessary for the completion of a task efficiently, and this is even more true for the kitchen. With the right kitchen utensils, you will reduce the amount of effort required to cook tasty meals while significantly increasing your safety in the kitchen. If you have an induction stove, these best induction cookware under $100 are the perfect blend of aesthetics, utility, and affordability. With the right equipment, you will create wonderful dishes in your kitchen without needing to replace your utensils every other day.
In an induction cooktop, an AC is passed through the copper coil at the bottom of the pot. The resulting magnetic field induces an electric current which results in heat. Induction cooking is achieved through directly heating the cooking vessel which makes the heating more efficient. Heat changes are instantaneous and because the controls are digital, you will achieve a precision of cooking temperature which is certainly required in some dishes. However, you will need the best non stick pans without Teflon as this induction cookers work only with induction-ready cookware.
Induction cookers have a lot of advantages over traditional cookers. For one, they are safer to use around children since the cooker surface remains cool despite the cooing temperatures. If a pan cooks empty or cooking temperatures stay too high for too long, the cooker automatically shuts down to prevent potential fires. The best non-stick frying pans also prevent food from burning and sticking to the pan.
The comprehensive guide to choosing the best induction cookware
i) Induction Ready
Not all kitchen cookware can be used on induction cooktops. Ensure that the packaging indicates that the cookware is induction ready t prevent disappointments and frustration.
ii) Shape and size
Flat bottomed pans will work best for your induction stove. Uneven bottoms can vibrate a lot and make a lot of noise on the surface and may even damage some elements in the cooktop over time. Also make sure the pan you buy fits the size of the coil or your induction stove may just not activate.
You get what you pay for. While you don’t have to break the bank to get nice cookware, you should invest in a good set of kitchen utensils. Cookware that is too cheap will likely not be too durable and you will need to replace it sooner rather than later.
Induction cookware is made of different types of material. Stainless steel is a popular choice because it’s strong, hard, and non-corrosive. Cast iron is very durable if maintained properly but also a bit pricey. It is also naturally non-stick but it is not great for foods that require a quick change of temperature as it retains heat for long.
Many other personal preferences go into choosing induction cookware including glass or steel lids, buying a set or piece by piece, and many more. Consider all of these carefully before you make a purchase and ask friends who own such cookware how it’s working for them.
The 8 best induction cookware under $100
1. T-Fal C515SC Professional Non-stick Cookware
- Set includes: 8 inches fry pan, 10.25 inches fry pan, 1 Egg...
- Heat mastery system: T fal's heat mastery system is a 3...
- Thermo spot indicator: The ring around the spot turns solid...
T-Fal has long been associated with producing some of the longest-lasting non-stick pans for 60 years. The T-Fal C515SC cookware set includes an 8’’ fry pan, 10.25’’ fry pan, a saucepan with a lid, a stockpot, 1 egg wonder fry pan a stainless steel steamer insert and 2 nylon tools. The scratch-resistant non-stick interior has a thick base for even heat distribution ensuring that you don’t waste what you are cooking on messes stuck on the pan.
The handle has a secure grip that stays cool even when cooking at high temperatures and the glass lid allows you to easily check on the progress of what you are cooking. The utensils in the set are oven safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and also dishwasher safe.
- Oven safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Easy and secure grip
- Durable scratch proof body
- Tempered glass lid for visibility
- The coating may wear off after a while
- One egg wonder is not induction compatible
2. All-Clad E785S264/E785S263 8 and 10-Inch Fry Pan Cookware
- 8 and 10-inch fry pans with wide flat base and versatile...
- Hard-anodized aluminum construction for fast, even heating...
- PFOA-free Scratch Resistant nonstick coating for healthier...
These 8’’ and 10’’ frying pans from All-Clad have a hard-anodized construction for fast and even heating. The non-stick surface is PFOA-free and scratch-resistant which makes for healthier, low-fat cooking and easy cleanup. The pans are oven safe for up to 500F and dishwasher safe while also working on induction, gas, electric, ceramic, and halogen cooktops.
- Fast, even heating
- Oven safe up to 500F
- Dishwasher safe
- Works with gas, ceramic, electric and halogen cooktops
- Lids not included
- The non-stick finish wears off quickly
3. GreenLife Soft Grip 16pc Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Cookware set includes: 4” mini frying pan, 7” and 9.5”...
- Our healthy and easy-to-clean ceramic nonstick coating is...
- Soft Grip Bakelite handles are designed to stay cool on the...
This is a 16-piece ceramic non-stick cookware set that includes a 4’’ mini frypan, 9.5’’ open frypan, 1 QT covered saucepan, 5QT covered stockpot, 2.5QT covered sauté pan, 7’’ steamer and 4 kitchen utensils. The non-stick, non-toxic coating on these kitchen utensils saves you money by using much less oil and not leaving messes stuck to the bottom.
The handle has a great grip and stays cool with the cookware being safe in the oven for up to 350F and dishwasher safe to reduce your cleaning up chores.
- Secure and cool handle grip
- Non-toxic, non-stick base
- Comes with 4 cooking utensils
- Uses little oil
- Open flames can tarnish the exterior
- Oven safe up to 350F only
4. SHINEURI 8 Pieces Non-stick Pots and Pans Set
- 8 Pieces cookware set: 8 inch fry pan, 9.5 inch omelet pan,...
- Heat Quickly & Evenly: The Aluminum construction is super...
- Durable and Heat Resistant: Maximum Cooking Temperature up...
This cookware set by Shineuri includes; a 5QT saucepan, 2QT saucepan, and 1QT saucepan all with lids and 9.5” and 8” frying pans. Apart from being induction compatible, this set also works on gas and electric stovetops.
The non-stick base allows you to use less oil when cooking while the base is conductive for fast and even heat distribution. The handles have a secure grip and stay cool when cooking making your kitchen experience more pleasant.
- Secure, stay-cool handles
- Works on gas and electric stovetops too
- Maximum cooking temperature of 527F
- Non-stick surface
- Not oven-safe
- Doesn’t come with kitchen utensils
5. CUSINAID 10-Piece Aluminium Cookware Sets
- 10-Piece Non-Stick Cookware Set for Multi-Purpose Use:...
- Pans & Pots with Ceramic Coating,...
- Double-Bottom Aluminum Cookware : The impact-bonded...
This Cusinaid aluminum cookware set includes 2 (1.5QT and 2QT) saucepans with lids, 2 covered stockpots (2.5QT and 4QT), and 8’’ and 10.5’’ open fry pans. The pans and pots are all Federal Drug Administration certified meaning they are safe to use.
The non-stick surface makes cooking without oil a hassle-free process and the utensils easy to clean. The cookware is oven safe for up to 500F and also dishwasher safe. They are also compatible with all stovetops and induction cooktops.
- Oven-safe up to 500F
- FDA & ETL certified
- Non-stick surface
- Compatible with oven, gas, electric, ceramic, glass and induction cooktops
- Dishwasher safe
- Handles don’t stay cool
6. Duxtop 7-Piece Stainless Steel, Ceramic Coated Non-stick Pans Set
- ▶Healthy FUSION Non-Stick Coating◀: Cooking with less...
- ▶Sturdy Construction & Even Heating◀: The woks and stir...
- ▶Easy Cleanup and Handling◀: The non-stick surface of...
This set from Duxtop includes 8” and 9.5” frying pan and a 5.5QT sauté pan. The stainless-steel appearance of this cookware set will give your kitchen a sleek and modern look while working wonderfully well. The ceramic non-stick coating will ensure you don’t have any messes stuck at the bottom and will make cleanup much easier.
The pans are oven safe for up to 550F, dishwasher freezer safe with whole-clad bonding so that you can use them for a long time.
- Compatible with all stovetops and induction cooktops
- Whole-clad bonding technology makes it durable
- Oven safe up to 550F
- Dishwasher and freezer safe
- Even heating
- The pans are heavy
- The lids have no lip to catch moisture
7. Duxtop Whole-Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Saucepan with Lid
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: This 3 quart saucepan is manufactured...
- FEATURES: The stainless steel pot with lid features a...
- STAINLESS STEEL LID: The stainless-steel lid with loop...
This is a 3-quart saucepan from Duxtop with a tri-ply stainless steel construction makes this pan suitable for induction cooktops with even heating and no hotspots. The stainless-steel lid will help you retain heat and moisture when cooking dishes that demand so.
This pot not only works on induction cooktops but also on gas, electric and halogen cooktops making it usable even when you get a new cook surface.
- Whole-clad bonding for durability
- No hot spots
- Works on induction, gas-electric and halogen cooktops
- Oven safe to 500F
- Dishwasher and freezer safe
- Handles get hot after a while
- Surface scratches easily
8. Nutrichef NCCW11DS Non-stick Cookware
- 11-PIECE SET: NutriChef offers a 11-piece nonstick cookware...
- NON-STICK COATING: The non stick pot set cooking ware...
- SILICONE TOUCH HANDLE GRIPS: This pots set features...
The Nutrichef NCCW11DS set contains a 7qt, 3.6qt, and 2.1qt saucepans with lids, 11” and 8” frying pans, a spatula, pasta fork, and soup ladle. The pans’ surfaces are non-stick for easy cooking and cleaning while the handles are heat resistant and comfortable to hold.
The lids are see-through so you can check on your cooking without lifting the lids with vent holes that allow steam to escape. Apart from induction cooktops, the utensils also work with gas, electric, and ceramic counters.
- Non-stick surface
- See-through lids
- Secure, heat resistant handles
- Easy to clean
- Lots of complaints on poor customer service
Benjamin Franklin couldn’t have said it better when he said that the best investment was in the tools of one’s trade. With the right tools for the right job, you can transform your kitchen to classy in one swift stroke while creating world-class cuisine.