Cash App allows users to have personal or business accounts when creating an account.
Changing the account type from Business to Personal and vice versa is simple.
If you don’t know how to change Cash App from Business to Personal or vice versa, this guide is for you!
Why Can’t I Change My Cash App from Business to Personal?
When you create an account in Cash App, you can choose between a Personal account or a Business account.
Note that Cash App accounts are set to personal by default, but they can easily be switched to a business account.
More on that later!
Once you have changed your account to a business account, it is difficult to migrate back to a personal account.
You will not find any “change account type” button on Cash App once you have switched to a business account.
You will have to request Cash App support to do the switch for you because the app does not allow you to switch your account from a Business Cash App to a Personal Cash App account.
Read our related article, Cash App for Business vs Personal: DIFFERENCES & Guide for a complete comparison of the two account types!
Manually Request Cash App Support to Change Cash App from Business to Personal
This section will teach you exactly how to contact Cash App support and let them know you would like to switch from a Business account to a Personal account.
- Launch your Cash App.
- To contact customer care, click the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Then, click on the small line with a question mark next to support.
- Press the “something else” button. You’ll see a drop-down menu, and what you want to do is choose the one that says “can’t access old account” .
- Scroll down, and you’ll see a “Contact Support” button.
Keep in mind that migrating from a Business account to a Personal account will take time. You must wait for the Cash App to do that for you on the back end.
- Towards the bottom, click on the “email here” link.
- A pop-up window will appear, displaying the email address you have in your Cash App. That’s where they can reach you, so click “yes.”
- Fill out the form and inform customer service that you unintentionally put your Cash App as a Business account and you want it to be a Personal account.
How To Change Cash App From a Personal Account To Business Account
If you have access to your Cash App mobile app, you can easily alter your account type for free.
Follow the procedures described below to change your Cash App account from personal to business:
- Open Cash App first.
- Select the circular profile button from the upper right corner.
- Then select personal from the drop-down option.
- Select “Change Account Type” at the bottom of the screen.
- To change your Cash App account from personal to business, enter the PIN or scan your finger to verify.
Your Cash App personal account has been successfully converted to a business account.
Read More: How to Change Card On Cash App 2022. Here’s how to remove and replace cards and bank accounts step-by-step!
How to Change Cash App from Personal to Business on iPhone or Android
It makes no difference what sort of smartphone you use because the Cash App settings are the same for all operating systems, whether you use iOS or Android.
So, it is exactly the same procedure as explained earlier.
It is simple to convert your Cash App account from a personal to business account. You must go to your profile from the home screen.
Select “Change Account Type” from the Personal tab. Scan your finger to validate the switch.
How to Know if Your Cash App is a Business Account
Follow the steps below to determine if your Cash App account is configured for a Personal or Business account.
- Launch Cash App and sign in to your account.
- Select your profile.
- Now, choose ‘Personal.’
- Scroll down and select ‘Change account type’ from the next menu.
You may now confirm your account type in the next pop-up.
If it reads Cash App Business, it means your account is configured for business use rather than personal use.
Another method to tell if your Cash App account is a business account is to search for a business icon underneath your name in your Cash App profile.
What Happens When You Change Your Cash App Account to Business?
When you convert your Cash App Personal account to Business, your account becomes a merchant account, allowing you to receive an unlimited amount of money from your clients while paying a 2.75% charge on each payment.
In addition, your weekly and monthly limits will be raised.
To indicate that you are a Business account, your Cash App name will have an extra emblem that looks like a small building.