However, the app does not yet accept commercial debit cards, ATM cards, or prepaid cards such as PayPal cards, with the exception of a few government-enabled cards, including the Green Dot Black Unlimited Card.
In addition, there may be times where American Express doesn’t work through Cash App for a variety of reasons.
This article will explain how to add AMEX to Cash App and reasons why it may not be working for purchases.
Does Cash App Accept American Express?
Yes, American Express cards, as well as Discover, Visa, and MasterCard cards registered in your name, can all be used in Cash App.
Because of their ease of use, friendliness, and diversity for peer-to-peer payments, peer-to-peer applications like Cash App have become household brands.
You can simply add your American Express Card to Cash App to send and receive money with other Cash App users.
You will also be paid immediately to your American Express card.
How to Link American Express to Cash App?
Linking your American Express card to Cash App only takes a few simple steps:
- Open your phone’s Cash App.
- In the lower-left corner, select the “My Cash” tab.
- Under the name of your bank, click “+ Add Credit Card.”
- Enter the details for your AMEX card, then touch “Add Card” to link it to your Cash App account.
What Do I Do if I Add My AMEX Card But Then it Becomes Disconnected?
If you see a problem notice, it is recommended that you delete the card from your Cash App account and then re-add it.
The same is true for bank accounts, which is likely if you reset your online bank password.
What are the Benefits of Using Amex with Cash App?
When you use an American Express card with Cash App, you can get the following benefits:
- Earn cashback benefits when you purchase online and in-store: You will also earn additional credit card advantages, such as purchase protection and extended warranty coverage.
- Mobile check deposit: You may use your American Express card to make mobile check deposits using Cash App.
- AMEX Referral Program: When you refer friends to Cash App using your unique code (it updates any time), you will receive a $1 bonus for each person who signs up. This is a great way to make additional money free!
- International: Cash App is also accessible in countries other than the United States using American Express, including Canada and Australia.
- Cash-out: You may quickly cash out your profits (including referral incentives) using your American Express card! This includes cashing out at any ATM or requesting a check by mail, whatever you want.
- Multiple withdrawal methods: With American Express, you are not restricted to just one mode of withdrawal.
Read our related article, Mobile Check Deposit App. We cover the mobile check feature on Cash App, how to get started, how to use it, and the benefits!
Why Won’t Cash App Accept My American Express Card?
The card issuer or Cash App may reject your American Express card for funds availability or fraud protection reasons, which is the most common cause for Cash App’s decision to not approve an American Card linkage.
American Express as a payment option in Cash App may likewise be subject to retailer restrictions.
According to several insider reports, certain retailers no longer approve using American Express for retail transactions.
Cash App appears to have been banned as a merchant by American Express for all of their cards.
AMEX may be weird at times, especially if they feel there is a method to obtain cash from the card without obtaining a cash advance.
Credit cards may also be temporarily stopped or forbidden in some instances.
You can check whether you submitted incorrect American Express card information, such as the incorrect card number, CVV, or expiration date.
It’s also conceivable that you may have simply overlooked the expiration date on your card.
Cash App does not accept any card that is not accepted by a bank in the United States.
This will not apply to you, though, because American Express is a U.S. bank.
Despite the fact that Cash App’s website and app identify AMEX as an approved card, there have been contradictory claims that AMEX has completely blocked Cash App as a merchant.
Unless and until Cash App issues an official announcement, it will remain unclear why and whether it is still accepted.
Read More: How to Enable Government Check Deposit On Cash App. If you receive government checks, you can receive them directly to your Cash App. Learn how to get started!
Why Can’t I Use American Express On the Apple Cash App?
Previously, you could not use American Express on the Apple Cash App.
Members of the American Express card, on the other hand, may now simply use the card to make Apple Pay payments.