Technology has transformed TVs into ever thinner, flatter, and lighter with no room for a decent speaker. Therefore, filling a room with sound calls for substantial speakers that won’t just fit inside a thin TV. So, the best soundbar for a large room saves you the burden of adding bulky speakers, with lots of wiring, plus a complex overall sound system that may cost tons of money.
Generally, a 5.1 or 7.1 soundbar channel setup will enable you to fill up your large room with a deep, immersive audio experience. Interestingly, the soundbars will not make your entertainment room look untidy, as there are stylish, slim, and compact. Hence if you are worried if a soundbar is a perfect match for your large room, fortunately, soundbars have a great subwoofer, multiple speakers, and other unique features that boost sound in large spaces.
However, you have to ensure that you acquire a powerful soundbar for a large room that ejects audio in a big open space. The soundbars unit may contain a built-in subwoofer or without a subwoofer, so if you go for the best soundbar with a built-in subwoofer, select a wireless model. Fortunately, some brands design high-quality models majorly for big rooms, including Vizio, Samsung, and Sony.
What Is a Soundbar?
A soundbar refers to a one or two-unit speaker system that brings quality sound to modern TVs and fits right in front of your or beneath your TV if it’s mounted in a wall. However, the recommended soundbar system has a robust sound output that distributes throughout the room.
In most cases, soundbars have a great set up and high-quality speakers that are either wireless or built-in. You can also purchase additional compatible speakers for your soundbar if need be.
What Are The 8 Best Soundbars For a Large Room?
1. YAMAHA YSP-5600BL 7.1.2-Channel Dolby Atmos MusicCast Sound Bar
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold...
- World's first sound bar with 7.1.2 channel multi dimensional...
- HDMI inputs with 4K Ultra HD pass through and HDCP 2.2
Take your TV sound to a new level with YSP-5600 best soundbar for Samsung TV that employs a remarkable 46 speaker drivers and Yamaha exclusive Digital Sound Projector technology to deliver Dolby Atmos and DTS:X multi-dimensional listening exposure.
It also provides wireless multiroom audio playback using your existing Wi-Fi connection by adding other MusicCast speakers, soundbars, or AV receivers in different rooms.
Additionally, the YSP-5600 utilizes the surround channel sound beam for surround back to support 7.1.2-channel Dolby Atmos or DTS: X reproduction. The combination of Dolby Atmos and the YSP-5600 fills the room with multidimensional sound.
The Yamaha YSP-5600 supports the latest HDMI standards and you can enjoy full high-definition video quality of 4K without degradation. Through MusicCast, you can bring music to every room in your home wirelessly with playback controlled by a simple app.
- Offers versatile connectivity options
- Produces multi-dimensional sound
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Supports wireless multiroom audio playback
- Transmit 4K video at 60 frames per second
2. Denon DHT-S716H Home Theater Soundbar
- BRING YOUR TV TO LIFE – Experience the ultimate...
- DEEP POWERFUL BASS – Give your favorite movies, music &...
- HEAR EVERY WORD WITH DIALOGUE ENHANCER – Denon brings to...
Denon DHT-S716H premium soundbar delivers the ultimate home theater experience. Thus, equipped with dual 5-inch full-range drivers, two detailed crisp 1″ tweeters, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master, you will enjoy HD surround sound with the ultimate theater-quality audio.
Besides, you can give your favorite movies, music and shows the deep, rich bass they deserve with an optional DSW-1H wireless subwoofer.
Moreover, this soundbar includes 4 HDMI inputs with ARC and HDCP2.2 support, 4K Ultra HD pass-through, HDR10, & multi-source AV connectivity, plus optical and analog inputs.
You can also stream your favorite music wirelessly with HEOS Built-in technology. Interestingly, Denon brings to you an intelligent way of enhancing dialogue making it sound crystal clear without adjusting the volume.
- Low profile design for convenient placement
- Produces deep powerful bass
- Supports wireless connectivity
- Easy to setup
- Produces crisp and clear sound
- Not Wifi compatible
3. JBL Bar 5.1 4K Ultra HD 5.1-Channel Soundbar
- JBL 5.1 surround sound with 510W of power
- Detachable, battery-powered wireless surround speakers
- Thrilling bass from a 10" (250mm) wireless subwoofer
The JBL Bar 5.1 4K transforms from a soundbar into a true wireless 5.1 home theater system with wireless speakers for an epic movie and music-listening experience. The package comprises two detachable battery-powered wireless surround speakers lasting 10-hours of playtime, 510W of total system power, a 10″ wireless subwoofer, 3 HDMI inputs to connect 4K devices, and Bluetooth, your movies, music,video and games will never sound more incredible.
Moreover, the soundbar features JBL Sound Shift, which enables you to instantly switch between the sound from your TV and the Bluetooth sound from your mobile phone or tablet. Besides, the soundbar is programmed to respond to your TV remote, so you can control everything with your existing TV remote control. You can also easily connect all your 4K devices and upgrade your home entertainment to Ultra HD.
- Delivers high audio performance
- Supports 4K connectivity
- Easy and quick set up
- Works With Your TV remote control
- Has wireless surround speakers and subwoofer
- Lacks an automatic sound mode switch
4. Sony Sound Bar with Rear Speakers
- SUPERIOR SOUND: Vertical Surround Engine with max 7.1.2ch...
- DEDICATED REAR SPEAKERS: The 4 x 4 x 6.12" speakers connect...
- 5 SOUND MODES: Customize your television viewing with movie,...
Firstly, this package comprises of HT-Z9F 3.1ch Soundbar with Dolby Atmos/ DTS:X TV soundbar speaker system with WiFi and Bluetooth technology, and a wireless subwoofer. Secondly, it also contains two Z9R wireless speakers for surround sound that are wall mountable.
Using Alexa, you can easily stream music, online radio, and podcasts from your Amazon connected device directly to your Z9F soundbar. Plus, you can stream and control audio content with your favorite smart device.
However, using the 5 sound modes, you can customize your television viewing with movies, music, gaming, news, and sport settings. Enjoy wireless streaming of high-resolution audio with the systems Chromecast or use the Sony Music Center app.
Fortunately, Z9F soundbars come with an external subwoofer, remote, HDMI cable, and mount accessories saving you from incurring extra cost.
- 4K HDR compatible
- Built-in Wi-Fi and easy Bluetooth streaming
- Supports wireless multiroom connectivity
- Quick and easy setup
- Amazing vertical surround sound
- Relatively costly
5. VIZIO SB36514-G6 36″ 5.1.4 Premium
- Premium home theater sound system featuring Dolby Atmos...
- Delivers a complete ten channel surround sound system right...
- Experience a truly immersive surround sound experience with...
The VIZIO 36 5.1.4 is a Home Theater Sound System with Dolby Atmos uses ten channels of high-performance sound from all around you to deliver an immersive, cinema-quality experience in your home. Besides, the outstanding audio performance gets created by a five-channel soundbar, two rear satellite speakers, and a powerful wireless subwoofer.
The VIZIO 36 5.1.4 system delivers clear audio as loud as 100dB. At the same time, the wireless subwoofer adds deep, rumbling bass at frequencies as low as 40Hz, and the rear satellite speakers provide dynamic surround sound.
Moreover, featuring four individual height channels, that is, two in the soundbar, one in each of the rear satellite speakers this system creates an immersive overhead experience that’s customizable to any room. You can also connect multiple VIZIO and other Chromecast built-in devices for multi-room streaming throughout your home.
- It provides deep bass and true surround sound
- Suitable for multi-room streaming
- Easy wireless connectivity
- Simple setup
- Excellent build quality
- Not 4K HDR compatible
6. Sony ST5000 7.1.2ch 800W Dolby Atmos Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer
- Experience Dolby Atmos in a 7.1.2ch, 800W sound bar
- Maintain quality from source to screen with 4K HDR support...
- Enjoy the rich, detail of Hi-Res Audio in a stylish design
Experience Dolby Atmos in a 7.1.2ch, 800W soundbar while maintaining quality from source to screen with 4K HDR support and HDCP 2.2. However, Dolby Atmos delivers outstanding 360 degrees surround sound accurately positioning sound within your environment.
Stay connected by adding to your Home Theater setup, with 3x HDCP 2.2, compatible HDMI inputs, 1x HDMI ARC output, optical SPDIF, analog AUX, and a USB connection.
Moreover, you enjoy the rich detail of high-resolution audio and a whole-home solution with Google home compatibility and multi-room listening.
LDAC audio technology from Sony enables you to enjoy high-quality Bluetooth wireless audio for an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music. Besides, a woofer and tweeter work together inside a single speaker unit to deliver precisely aligned audio across frequencies.
- High quality wireless audio streaming
- Suitable for multi-room listening
- Versatile connectivity options
- 4K HDR support
- Sleek, and stylish design
7. Klipsch R-10B Bluetooth Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer
- Powerful 10" copper-spun front-firing woofer
- All-digital amplifier delivers 300 watts of dynamic power
- Equally impressive with music and movies
Klipsch R-10B Bluetooth soundbar is an affordable soundbar with 250W peak power output that provides quality sound to drive your favorite movies, games and music. Fortunately, you can find a surround sound system under $200 that compares with this soundbar.
However, the two 0.75″ horn-loaded textile dome tweeters with 900 by 900 tractrix horns deliver crisp highs for sound effects and musical detail. Additionally, two 3″ polypropylene woofers round out the enhanced sound with crisp vocals and dynamic soundtracks.
Furthermore, the aptX Audio Coding technology enables lossless, high-quality music streaming without elaborate configuration processes. The Dolby Digital decoder allows the soundbar to automatically reproduce detailed, high-quality sound no matter what format of sound is coming from the TV’s output.
Interestingly, Klipsch R-10B is compatible with most Bluetooth wireless technology enabled devices, including mobile phones, audio devices, and computers for wide-ranging use.
- Produces deep, and powerful bass
- Impressive quality sound
- Delivers crisp highs for sound effects and music
- High Bluetooth compatibility
- Has few audio inputs
8. Bose Soundbar 700 with Built-in Alexa Voice Control
- Best Bose soundbar: The best-performing soundbar from Bose,...
- Built-in Alexa: Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant are built...
- TV voice control: Exclusive Bose Voice4Video technology...
This is the best performing soundbar from Bose, featuring an unmatched combination of sophisticated design and exceptional sound. With built-in voice assistants, like Alexa and the Google Assistant, you can control your music, get information, access smart home control, and more hands-free.
Plus, adapt audio room calibration optimizes the sound bar’s acoustic performance to the unique characteristics of your room offering you the best possible listening experience.
Additionally, the custom-designed eight-microphone array supports superior voice pickup, so your voice assistant will still hear you, even when the music is playing loud. You can also use the Bose music app to control all of your music and the Bose soundbar universal remote to manage all of your entertainment.
Plus, you can play What you want, wherever you want, from any device in your home with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Apple airplay 2 compatibles.
- Produces thunderous bass and full-on surround sound
- Works with Bose Noise Cancelling Headphone
- Simple set up
- Contains built-in voice assistants
- Slim elegant design
- Not 4K compatible
If you are an audiophile searching for the ideal sound system for your big entertainment room. You are right away sorted. The above soundbars deliver the best audio technology that even rival the sound production associated with separate speaker systems and amplifiers.
However, the options are numerous, but luckily we’ve done thorough research to develop the above soundbars. So, be confident that you are making the right audio choices.