Venmo and Cash App are two of millennials’ most popular mobile apps. Both of these apps are designed primarily for peer-to-peer transfers.
Unfortunately, you cannot connect Venmo and Cash App directly – but did you know there’s a way to get these fantastic applications to function together?
It is possible to transfer money between your Venmo and Cash App accounts. This guide will walk you through the process of sending money from Venmo to Cash App and vice versa.
Can You Send Money From Venmo to Cash App?
No. You cannot send money straight from Venmo to Cash App.
Neither Venmo nor Cash App officially supports the other, as one might anticipate from two digital wallets that perform virtually the same thing.
But where there’s a will, there’s a way!
If you have personal accounts on both apps, you can effortlessly transfer money between them indirectly. While there’s no direct “Send to Cash App” option, there are other alternatives.
You can use Cash App to indirectly fund your Venmo-linked debit or credit card. You can also use a bank account that’s linked to both Venmo and Cash App to fund it and then add your Venmo Mastercard to the Cash App.
Can You Send Money From Venmo to Cash App Card?
Unfortunately, you can’t send money to someone else’s Cash App Card from your Venmo account.
As we mentioned, you can send cash from your Venmo to any bank account or debit/credit card. From there, it is easy to fund your Cash App card.
Keep reading to learn how!
How to Send Money From Venmo to Cash App
There are 2 ways to transfer funds between Venmo and Cash App. Let’s look at each separately.
1. Add Cash App Card as a Bank Account for Venmo
If you link your Cash App account to your main bank account, it can function as another bank account.
You must first locate your Cash App’s account and routing details to set up a direct deposit. If you already have your Cash Card linked to your Cash App account, this will be a simple task.
Follow these steps to link a bank to your Venmo account:
- On the Home Page of the Venmo app, look for a button with 3 horizontal lines at the top and click it.
- The button will cause the Settings window to appear. Tap the “Payment Methods” button in that area. Then, pick “Bank” from the “Add a Bank or Card” menu.
- Following that, you must authenticate yourself.
- All you have to do now is enter the data printed on your Cash Card, or scan it with your camera.
Once linked, Venmo will leverage your Cash App account as if it were a bank to move money between them in the same manner that you would send or withdraw money from a traditional bank account.
You may now transfer money from your Venmo account to your Cash App account.
2. Link a Mutual Bank Account to Venmo and Cash App
The most efficient method is to link your Venmo and Cash App to a single bank so both may access your account balance. That way, you can transfer money from Venmo to the Cash App and vice versa.
First, transfer the balance of your Venmo account to your bank account.
Follow these steps to do it correctly:
- Add the bank account you wish to link with your Cash App mutually.
- Confirm that bank account using the methods listed.
- Now, transfer the remaining funds to your bank account. On the Homepage of the Venmo app, look for a button with 3 horizontal lines at the top and click it.
- Then click the “Transfer Money” or “Transfer to Bank” option.
- Enter the amount of balance you want to transfer. Then select whether you want it “Instant,” which charges a small fee, or “1-3 Business Days,” which is free.
- Select whether the transfer will be made using your bank account or a debit card. Make a point of reviewing and then confirming.
- Once you’ve completed a thorough examination and are confident with the transaction, hit the “Transfer” button to proceed.
All you have to do now is switch to your Cash App and deposit the funds into your Cash App account.
To add the transferred balance to your Cash App from your bank account, follow these steps:
- Tap the Balance Tab on the Cash App’s home screen. Then choose Add Cash.
- Enter the required amount and press the “Add” button to add it to your balance.
- To authenticate and validate your activities, use the Touch ID function or your Pin.
Note: Cash App and Venmo balance transfers will fail if they are not linked to the same bank.
Venmo Money Transfer Limit
When you join Venmo, you have a $299.99 person-to-person sending limit. Your weekly rolling limit will be adjusted to $4,999.99 after your identification has been validated.
Follow these easy actions to confirm:
- At the top of the interface, choose “Three Layers of Horizontal Lines.”
- Then, hit “Settings”
- And then “Identity Verification.”
You must enter the following information for verification: Full name, birthdate, address, zip code and Social Security Number(SSN).
Here is a breakdown of all Venmo fees:
There is no cost to sign up for or use an account.
Spending or Sending Money
There is no charge for online orders.
There are no fees for sending money to others using your Venmo balance, debit card, or bank account.
Sending money to somebody with your credit card incurs a 3% fee.
Adding Money to Your Account
There is no fee to connect your bank account and use it to fund your Venmo account.
- When Venmo users pay you, you are not charged.
- You are not required to pay for a company’s refund.
- Direct Deposit is a free method of depositing funds.
The charge for using the Venmo app to deposit non-payroll and non-government checks (with pre-printed signature) is 5.00% (minimum $5.00).
For a fee of 1.00% (minimum $5.00), you may deposit payroll or government checks in minutes.
If you receive payment for items or services transferred to your company profile, you will be charged a seller transaction fee (1.9% + $0.10).
Transferring Money From Your Account
There is no price to transfer money from your Venmo account to your bank account. The funds usually arrive in 1-3 working days.
The Instant Transfer option charges 1.75 % of the amount sent from your Venmo account to your associated debit card or bank account. The money usually arrives in minutes.
Q: What is Venmo Compatible With?
A: Venmo accepts network-branded (e.g., Discover, American Express, Visa, MasterCard) credit, debit, and prepaid cards registered under a verified user.
Q: Can You Send Money From Venmo to PayPal?
A: You cannot transfer money straight from Venmo to PayPal, but you may utilize a bank account to do it. A PayPal Balance account is required, and a few more procedures.
Transfers from your bank account to PayPal take three and five business days. To send money from Venmo to PayPal, use the same steps as stated above for Venmo to Cash App.
Q: Can You Send Money From Venmo to Chime?
A: You certainly can. To send money from Venmo to your Chime account, go to the app’s upper right corner and tap the hamburger menu button. Then, towards the top, select “Transfer Money”.
Choose how much money you want to send from Venmo to your Chime account and whether you want it to be an instant transfer or one that takes 1-3 business days.
Q: What Are the Venmo Fees for Receiving Money?
A: Receiving money into your Venmo account is basically free with standard options. If you choose the instant transfer option, you may have to pay a 1.75% fee.
Q: How to Withdraw Money From Venmo Without a Venmo Card?
A: If you don’t have a Venmo card, you may be able to withdraw cash from another bank account, debit card, or credit card. To withdraw cash from an ATM, utilize a debit card connected to another bank account.